Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rascal - Lionhead Buck!


Another purchase from the London Market that no one else wanted. I took him (apparently, learned this today, she is a him!) home for $1.00. I've named him Rascal because it just seems to suit him. :) Double-checked because I noted my calm quiet buck that I had added to the cage with these young does was not being particularly friendly with this youngster and was actively chasing him away from the young does. And yes, the other two ARE young does. :) I had wondered what was up with that and now I know. ARGH....mental note...Do not trust other folks. Check them out yourself just to be sure.

Solid grey, with a mane. Have NO clue how old he is. He is tiny. Based on how he acts I'm guessing that he's around four months old. Late developer for sure. Everything is very small on this young buck, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that he was thought to be a she!

VERY skittish. Hoping in time he'll settle down. He's obviously never been handled.

Has a nice mane.

Today was the first time in two weeks that he's poked his head up to see what's going on in the big world around him. AND he's getting closer when I water him in the mornings. :) So perhaps he'll soon realize that I'll not hurt him and that life is pretty good around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Nice to have you check out my critters. Feel free to leave nice comments, all others will be deleted. :)