Monday, April 2, 2012

A scare, a scream, a hole plugged

The scene: it's dark, my flashlight is going dim, I'm walking out to the rabbitry to say HEY BUNNIES.. want some apple branches when

The scare: out of the corner of my eye I see something white bounding toward my feet.

The Scream: yes.. I quietly screamed..not too loudly as freaking out the neighbours or hubby dear is NOT my idea of fun.

The surprise: two young bunnies hopping desperately around my feet with the attitude of HELP HELP HELP!  Where's mom?

I said WHO ARE YOU?
OH!!!! you are Nicky's fosters!
What in heaven's name are you two doing out here?
I try to figure out where I"ve put her since I did some cage rearranging this morning...
Voila home.. two kits MOB mom.

I search the cage... finally finding a small hole just big enough for two kits to wiggle through...

Plug up the hole.
Tell the kits to stay put I'll fix the hole better in the morning.

I care for the critters.
I come inside for a much needed bowl of popcorn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Nice to have you check out my critters. Feel free to leave nice comments, all others will be deleted. :)