Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bunnies Born for Easter Crowd

This was posted at my other blog, just copied it over here so it would be with all my other bunny posts. Will hopefully update it to include pics of the youngsters that I have left and/or are going out soon.

Picture courtesy of Havana Rabbits.

So the two bunnies that I got from Fred (the black girls) had their kits born yesterday (Jan 31). They had a whole whack of them. Not sure if both kitted out or just one(both had kitted), but there's a fair number of them in there. I moved them just in time so they had a nesting box ready for them. :) Yeah for me doing that in the nick of time. :)

And lop hop's sister (brown girl) had ONE baby born this morning. I put two of the black girl babies in with it as when I touched it, it was fairly cold but still kicking. I warmed it up until it was moving fairly well and then added the two others. I don't know if brown girl will accept them, but three babies will keep each other warm, whereas one baby can't. And I want to give brown girl a chance to raise a baby (or three) successfully. Hopefully it will work and then at Easter they can find new homes to live in.

Updates: Black does had 12 babies that they successfully raised. 8 solid black, two spotteds, two black with white on nose. Had 13 but lost one. As of this writing, all but 3 are sold, and those may be sold this week.

Brown lop did not manage to successfully raise any of her youngsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Nice to have you check out my critters. Feel free to leave nice comments, all others will be deleted. :)