Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I now have Polish Rabbits

People have been asking me to get a small breed of rabbit in, so I listened.

I tried netherlands, and other than a few, most have not managed to impress me. I tried lionheads but I dislike all that hair and the inconsistency in the breed. Hotots are basically a white rabbit and thusly unappealing to me. So hubby dear asked if I'd consider Polish. So ... Polish it is!

Polish come in five colours: white, blue, chocolate, black and broken of blue, chocolate and black.

That makes getting their colours right much easier. :)

I have a blue buck, a blue doe, a mis-marked broken (she's a tricolour blue/lilac/white) and a chocolate. The chocolate doe came bred.

These are quick cage pics, I'll get nicer ones when they are out of quarantine.


the buck. this is totally him. Very curious, a gentle lad.

My mismarked broken doe
She'll be bred blue so that we get nice coloured kits from her.

a nice young girlie, currently going through her teens.


My senior Chocolate doe.
She has some stray white hairs and wee bit of a dewlap.
So she doesn't show the best.
But she's proven.
She's bred.
She's a sweetheart once you get her up in your arms.
Just a little snuggler.

She had a hard time deciding life here would be okay.
But now she's fully settled.
I'm pleased with this fiesty to survive little girl.

All these bunnies came to me from Denis Drouin of Les Fins Lapin rabbitry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Nice to have you check out my critters. Feel free to leave nice comments, all others will be deleted. :)